The 2nd annual St. Andrew’s Day series exhibition schedule has been finalized, and for the first year ever all 20 teams in the Bull League will be in action for this off-season feature.
In 2016, for the inaugural series, we saw 14 teams square off in the warmer destination cities. But this year, with so many domed stadiums in use in the league, all of the teams were able to be put into play for this special series honoring the Scottish saint.
Last year, the Toronto Nomads made their debut after having dropped the Ducks moniker against the Jacksonville Ravens, shutting them out in a 4-0 win. The Dallas Lawmen upset the 2016 Bull Cup champion Ohio Oxen, 5-4. The California Tidals fell to the Arizona Cowboys, 9-8. Boston’s Brawlers manhandled the Denver Highlanders (now Danger), 8-2. The Nevada Speeders blanked the Chicoutimi Cinquantes 3-0. And the Montreal Metros edged the San Diego Seagulls, 6-5.
This year, the match ups look like this:
- Ohio Oxen at Jacksonville Ravens (Jacksonville, FL)
- Detroit Motorheads at Nevada Speeders (Reno, NV)
- Chicago Pit Bulls at Battle Creek Attack (Battle Creek, MI)
- Rimouski Fighting Moose at Norfolk Sharks (Norfolk, VA)
- Montreal Metros at Dallas Deputies (Dallas, TX)
- Toronto Nomads at Calgary Inferno (Calgary, AB)
- New York Dragons at Denver Danger (Denver, CO)
- Anchorage Aces at Arizona Cowboys (Phoenix, AZ)
- Boston Brawlers at California Tidals (Los Angeles, CA)
- Kingston Cannons at Seattle Salts (Seattle, WA)
The games in Norfolk and Seattle are expected to be chilly, as these are outdoor stadiums. Battle Creek and Calgary benefit from domed stadiums, as does Denver.
The series has no championship, and is merely for bragging rights. But it gives the teams a chance to get a preview of how their rosters may look for Opening Day. Many teams have lost veteran talent to free agency at the end of the season, but those who have managed to execute trades and sign free agents of their own will appreciate the early glance at their lineups in a game scenario.
The St. Andrew’s Day Series takes place on November 30, 2017.
Twitch/YouTube live or replay may be made available, details to be confirmed.